Sattva Yoga Teacher Training
has been a foundation, gold-standard program in the Pacific Northwest for almost ten years. Its presence is expanding nationwide with hundreds of teachers in the US and other parts of the world, too. We strive to live up to what our trainees call us the “Harvard of Teacher Trainings.” World class teachers are attracted to join our faculty because we strive to offer a comprehensive and authentic teaching of yoga in a way that will test you, challenge you and make you grow.
Our faculty comprises E-RYT 500s with thousands of hours of teaching classes, at conferences, and most have written and published their own books as well as highly skilled experts in the field of Medicine, Ayurveda, Nutrition, Mythology, Acupuncture and Therapeutics. Only the best will do.
Our program is informed by Program Director Ali Valdez’s background in philosophy, comparative religion and years of mentorship. Inspired by her extensive trainings with master teachers through the US, Asia and Europe, Ali brings a spectrum of cross-disciplinary studies to a program unlike any other with the foundational essential of the practice being rooted in the traditions of Universal Yoga.
What makes this program different from others?
- Our world-class faculty, all major segment leaders have over 15 years of teaching experience
- Our unique pedagogy or approach to structuring classes and incorporating elements of yoga
- Our understanding of what yoga is, beyond just a workout
- Our training materials that we have written. Our programs don’t use training books created by others. Otherwise we would suggest you go and study with them directly.
- Comprehensive online video, chat and training resources available to you 24/7.
- Dedicated training space in a state of the art yoga studio conveniently located in downtown Redmond offering over a dozen different styles of yoga and over fifty two classes weekly.
- Full commercial production studio to help you analyze your own practice and teaching and also launch your new career as a yoga instructor.
- Individual and small group mentoring to support you throughout your training
- A comprehensive Business of Yoga curriculum to help you with the “so now what…”
- A program that grows with you. We offer three types of 200 hour Yoga Alliance certifications, as well as 300 hour and 500 hour Advanced Studies. We are one of the few programs worldwide that offers 1,000 hour mentoring and specialization.
About Ali Valdez, E-RYT 500 Founder & Academic Director
With over twenty-five years of contemplative practice and mentoring, Ali Valdez started teaching yoga asana in San Francisco back in early 2000. Combining her love for spirituality, philosophy, mentoring and fitness, yoga became the perfect discipline to pour her heart and soul into. Ali is a published author, journalist and blogger as well as a lecturer and conference speaker on navigating the business of yoga and life call YogiBlueprint. As another teacher training program leader from another school says, “What Ali does is on a whole other planet; no, a whole other stratosphere.”