The Sattva yoga prenatal program focuses on teaching you skills to connect with and care for the expectant mother, developing baby and the mother/child connection. There are enormous benefits, physically, emotionally and mentally as women evolve in this transformative journey.
By using asana, breath and meditation techniques, mothers can enjoy an easier pregnancy and safely keep their bodies fit while preparing for the big day. The program is led by Yoga Alliance PreNatal certified instructors, doctors and midwives each with over ten years in teaching and providing care.
What the program covers:
- Anatomy of pregnancy (mother and child) through all trimesters
- Anatomy of connective tissue
- Women’s Endocrine System & Subtle Energy body
- Nutrition & health during pregnancy
- Scenarios of childbirth
- Advanced supported asana and modifications for all trimesters
- Breath techniques and how to safely teach breathing techniques
- Meditation and visualization training
- Contraindications in asana and pranayama
- Appropriate adjustments
- How to work with expectant mothers, building communities of support through classes
- How to build prenatal classes throughout the phases of pregnancy
- Post natal mommy & baby yoga
- How to build a successful business to earn a living doing what you love
Dates // Times // Tuition
NEXT SESSION: Spring 2015 at Sattva Yoga Studio in Redmond, WA
- March 16th to 19th
- April 20th to 23rd
- May 18th to 21st(shared passive stretching)
- Finals May 21st
- Includes additional observations, 1:1 practice as well as co teaching in prenatal course at the studio.
Times: 9:30 to 5:00 Monday through Thursday
Finals: 5/21st from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
Observation classes: Tuesday 12:30 to 1:30pm for pre-natal; Tuesday 1:30-2:30pm post-natal (or select a private client or different prenatal session to attend).
TUITION: $1,800 includes study guides, examinations and training.
- Dr. Patricia Shelton, MD, Medical doctor. RYT 200, RPYT
- Anna Starikov, Founder of Blooming Yogis, Doula and ERYT 200, RPYT
- Ali Valdez, Academic Director & Founder, Sattva Yoga Online